Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sky High Raphael...






When it comes to the world of shoes, there is an extensive prodigy of designers that instantly come flooding through my mind, Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, Sam Edelman... and the love list could go on. Each year there are an elite handful of shoe crazed hopefuls that top the list as the designer to watch. A few months back I was mesmerized by the styles and stilettos of Charlotte Olympia. The meticulous combination of height, textures, color combinations and fabrics turned a typical shoe into a miniature masterpiece. This month however, my attention has again shifted, this time to a quickly rising new designer, Raphael Young. Young is becoming known for his fresh and innovative approach to designing.
"Id say my design style is a constant search for the right balance between two sides of me, tradition and modernity," Young tells us. "I grew up amongst bottiers, who taught me genuine, ancestral craftmanship techniques. It clearly influenced my style and I take pride in working with these traditional techniques that were handed down from one generation to another."
In a never ending sea of shoes, one look at Young's collection and it was love at first sight...

No comments:

Post a Comment