Friday, November 5, 2010

Subtle Reminders...

Life is unpredictable. It gets crazy, it gets confusing and inevitably busier than the hours allow for. Sometimes we become so caught up in the "craziness" that the simplicity and small pleasures can get lost. Those things that ignite our fire, that make us smile internally  for no reason other then "just because" can be forgotten if we don't take time to tune into the subtle reminders. Fashion, style, silhouette, these things have always been one of my loves. The creativity and the outwards expression of such dynamic movement make me deliriously happy. The industry itself can be obviously overwhelming and excessive at times. The true nature of it seems to be diminished by this excess. But the very root of it remains the same, at least in my eyes, it is ART. Walking past a vintage shop yesterday I stopped at the site of one of my subtle reminders. Though most would walk past without notice, every time I see a dress form, that manipulated and beautiful female form, I am reminded and the fire continues to burn. It is such a simple thing, yet my eyes allow my mind to return to a place of appreciation for such a overlooked artistic form...






No comments:

Post a Comment